Saturday

March 4, 2015

I understand the nature of being a necessary mercenary, but it doesn't mean I have to like it, and it sure in the hell doesn't mean I can't minimize the ethical impact of it all. After a decent nap and a debriefing to the council members regarding the last op, Bradford and I spent the day reviewing potential satellite coverage on a global scale and I had him gather logistical reports on projected costs for Interceptor coverage to protect the nations and the satellites I'll grace them with.

Fortunately, we have access to one more satellite before we need to increase our satellite monitoring capabilities. Given that I've pissed off Argentina and France by having to make a hard choice that was certainly not in their favor, I can potentially earn at least some of one of their country's trust back in short order.

The call I got from the Chief of Staff of the Argentina military reporting their displeasure made the decision for me. I had served with the him in joint operations in the middle east, and I understood his frustration and his acceptance of professional duty. My choice was made though by a simple promise he made: protect all of South American interests in the future, and they'd provide us with any covert medical support they could. Having been witness to his covert medical support in the past, I knew what this promise meant. I gave the order to provide coverage to Argentina with the remaining satellite, with plans to build another for Brazil as soon as able, which would give us 98% South American coverage. It would have to do. I also ordered one of our two Raven interceptors to redeploy to Argentina as well.

What the hell, I'm feeling spendy... just to be on the safe side, I also sign an acquisition order for two more interceptors, one for each location. They can always be redeployed as needed when our eyes in the sky are spread further out.

Bradford also mentioned a "Grey Market" where we could offload some of our salvaged goods to various sponsor nations who would perform their own research and military operations. While I have no interest in being separated from my scientist's precious research. It's good to know I have options when the coffers run dry.

I look in on A. Jones before retiring for the evening. Still in danger, still alive. Hang in there girl, you've got fight in you yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment